The Intriguing Life of Jennifer Lisette Thomas

This is the life of a little lost bipolar girl looking for her place in the world. My life is a constant battle for adequate health care and sanity. Things rarely get too boring around here.

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
01 April 2009

Just Another Day

Posted by JennyT

My hallucinations have mostly been behaving today. I think it's mostly because I've been working at the computer all day, since I was too sick to go to classes. Alex has been bothering me anytime I walk to the kitchen for a drink, but I've been trying to ignore him. I'll start taking a higher dose of Abilify tomorrow, and maybe that will help.

We've been talking about "crazy" and what crazy means. A counselor told a bipolar patient that she wouldn't tell anyone about the diagnosis because the counselor didn't want anyone to think she's crazy.

I look at the headlines, and I know what crazy is. Crazy is a man killing his whole family and then himself. Crazy is giving billions of dollars to the people that lost trillions of dollars. Crazy is looking at the crime statistics and fearing you'll be next.

Crazy is NOT a person with a mental illness that is medicated and does EVERYTHING she can to be a good mother and a good person. She's beautifully sane by my definition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Greatest Support Groups EVER